Thursday, August 1, 2013

The word "robot" is Czech

Let's just start with the basics:

What you think my month in Prague has been:

What my month in Prague has actually been:

But now I am a CELTA certified lady ready to take on the world... Right? Well maybe not the world, but I am trying to take over my life a little more. As I sit in 300 degree Prague, I am leafing through my roommate's "Europe on a Shoestring" Lonely Planet guide. So far, Albania and Belarus look nice, now I just need to get through the B's-Z's. I am going to try to stay around Eastern Europe while I'm here, with a brief excursion to Spain at the end of the month.

Post-CELTA (the past week) I have been jumping from hostel to hostel with my roommate from the course and, as of two days ago, one of my best friends from New Jersey. Yesterday we went to Prague Castle and the adjoining cathedral. The highlight was the kings' crypt in which one king's four wives are all buried in the same coffin. It sounds a bit like a RyanAir flight. We also saw the defenestration tower. The whole experience made me pleased that I am in Prague today, and not 700 years ago.

I'm hoping to leave the sweltering heat and party hostels of Prague in the very near future (aka, tomorrow). My only problem is where I'm leaving to, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I just realized this post lacks any real substance, so to remedy that I have put in a picture of two children I saw riding the Metro a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment